Wednesday 28 September 2011

Must Have: Armour Ring














1. £12.50 2. £8.50 3. £14, all Topshop


Dating back to the medieval times, armour rings are a much smaller and more delicate version of the gauntlet glove that was used as armour. This selection from Topshop captures the authenticity of the armour/shield ring, but add a feminine touch by incorporating stones and adding patterned detailing.

During my Primark spree around Bournemouth town today, I came across this:












Floral Armour Ring, £2.50 - Primark

What attracted me most to this ring is the length. Although my nails are long, I still have extremely short fingers, which makes it near impossible to wear the ultra-long armour rings from Topshop. But as you can see from the first picture, it only goes just above the knuckle, so it doesn't look strange on my tiny hand. It also has feminine flowers, but keeps to the medivial theme with the circular joints, sharp lines and the gold colouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment