Saturday 12 November 2011

Review: Lush's 'Catastrophe Cosmetic' Face Mask

I love Lush. I simply can't get enough of it. It's eco, unique and smells incredible! So when I wanted to have a relax on one of my rare nights off from work, I knew I had to get a Lush face mask. I was told to get this particular face mask as it was specific to sensitive and oily skin, and it contains antioxidants that help soothe and calm spots.

One of the key ingredients are fresh blueberries, which I love because you can actually see little chunks of fresh ones when you put the mask on your face. It also includes talc and camomile (Perfect for sensitive skin!) and almond oil to soften your face.

To be honest, it doesn't look too attractive, but trust me, it's great! It comes in such a small pot you'd think you'd need to use the entire contents, but there's so much packed in there that there is enough for as least three uses! I had to put it on quite thickly, but to be honest I didn't want to miss a chance of it soothing my spots so I layered it on thick. I kept it on for five minutes and then washed it off with warm water. Instantly it felt like my face had been cleared of all the rubbish and I was left with a fresh new layer of skin! It felt as though my face had never been as clean as it was right then! My spots weren't as red and I couldn't stop feeling my cheeks.

It retails at £5.50, which may seem a bit steep for some. But for three usages, I think it's completely worth it. The only negative comment I have is that as it has to be kept in the fridge it starts to bring the moisture to the top so you have to pour the liquid away, unless you like a more watery mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment