Wednesday 28 December 2011

Review: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat


This is the first review i've done where things haven't done what have been promised. I heard great reviews from other blogs about this, and Sally Hansen has always been so reliable when it comes to nail care and repair. I originally bought this because I am constantly wary of smudging freshly polished nails even after a few hours. You can paint them so carefully and they look as though they were done professionally, but as soon as you come into contact with anything else they are ruined.

You apply the Insta-Dri as a topcoat on top of touch-dry polished nails, and within 60 seconds your nails are dry. This aspect of the product is true, and it is because of this that I will continue to use it. What it does not deliver is the 'Anti-Chip' aspect. Within a day and a half I had already had chips in two of my nails. It may seem that i'm expecting a lot, but when something claims to be 'Anti-Chip' you expect it to last for more than a day? They've lasted a little bit longer than other top coat, I just wouldn't expect too much from it.

However, the Insta-Dri factor is enough to keep me reasonably happy :) I purchased it for £6, and for someone that doesn't want to use aerosol drying sprays for environmental reasons I think this is quite reasonable. Plus I love the colour of the bottle, and it's really easy to spot in my nail polish box!

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat can be purchased for £6.15 at Boots or Superdrug.

1 comment:

  1. I have been a great fan of this top coat for years. But the last couple of bottles have been different - thinner, behaving as if it has been thinned out with nail polish remover or something - parts of nails go matt, and there is not the beautiful thick incredible vinyl shine there used to be. I thought I had been ripped off by an online seller so bought another bottle retail and, same thing. A real shame - it used to be simply perfect to use and gave a 60 second finish that looked like a salon job and lasted weeks. So maybe they have changed the formula, which would explain your disappointment, and mine. Ah well, back on the hunt for an HG top coat.

    ReplyDelete