Thursday 15 December 2011

Review: Tangle Teezer!

Not a day goes by where we all wish we had someone elses hair. For me, I wish my hair had more volume and did not just hang lankly against my head. The problem with having thin hair is that the simplest brush or smallest knot can cause my hair to fall out. It's not that I don't look after it because I really do, but sometimes when I get up out of bed in the morning it looks as if i've malted onto my pillow.

Even though some of it is unavoidable, I thought i'd give Shaun P's 'Tangle Teezer' a try, to see if it stops my hair falling out while trying to de-tangle it after a shower or when I got up in the morning. There is absolutely no way you won't be able to spot this product on the shelf, as they come in colours such as luminous pink, orange or purple.

Photograph from beautifullygorgeous.co.uk


As you can see, the brush is quite an odd shape. It curves in at the sides so it can fit easily in the palm of your hand, and the teeth are so soft and bend easily. The product comes in a box with instructions and tips on how to minimise damage to your hair due to brushing, and how to look after the teezer. It also advertises the new compact version of the brush, which folds in half and has a protector so the teeth can't get damaged in the bag. So here's how it looked when I used it.

Before:

So here is my ugly mane after just getting out of the shower. Please ignore my red face, this has been taken with my webcam in horrible lighting! As you can see my hair is a complete mess, and full of knots.
I followed the instructions in the booklet and as I had long hair it was recommended that I tip my head upside down and firmly pull the teezer through the hair. I was hesitant at first because I thought my hair would just rip out, but the teeth were really soft (It sort of felt like I was getting a massage!) and I felt the knots leave my hair without feeling any of it falling out.

After:

This is after a minute of brushing. It was crazy how soft and sleek my hair felt! I let it dry naturally after this picture was taken, and my hair just felt amazing and I could run my fingers through it so easily. It was also really shiny, which is what the box advertises. All in all, a must-have and even though it's a bit pricey at £10.50 (Boots), it is completely worth it. I'm contemplating buying the compact one for £10.99 so I can always have one with me, this one is a bit too bulky to fit in my handbag?!

No comments:

Post a Comment