Thursday 2 February 2012

Review: New Montagne Jeunesse 'Very Berry' Face Mask

I had a few hours spare this morning, so I thought i'd have a mini pampering session before leaving for uni. I chose Montagne Jeunesse's new face mask because they're a well known face mask brand, and it was only £1 in Asda! 

Montague Jeunesse is an all-natural face care brand that pride themselves on being eco-friendly and against animal testing. They use lots of juicy fruits in their masks and have such a colourful selection for all skin types. 

I chose their newest mask, 'Very Berry', which includes the juices of blueberries and cranberries which are packed full on antioxidents. It also includes soothing Aloe and Peach Kernel oil which deeply cleanses the skin.

I love the colourful and fun packaging, and instead of plain numbered instructions there are simple images that show the four easy steps in applying the mask.


At the bottom of the packet it says: "We're vegetarian and animals are our friends - that's why we don't bash bunnies or add bits of animals!"

I think that natural beauty products are vital, and everyone should be concerned of the welfare of animals and whether they end up either in or testing our beauty products!



When I began applying the product, I realised that it's actually one of Montagne Jeunesse's face mask creams, as oppose to a mask. They're designed to be slightly thicker to target dry skin and deeply cleanse and soothe. Because of it's thickness it was very difficult to squeeze out of the pouch, so I ended up scooping it out with my finger and applying it. There was certainly a large amount, so in the end it was slapped onto my face! It smelt absolutely gorgeous, and my skin felt instantly refreshed even before i'd finished applying it. 

After fifteen minutes I attempted to wash it off, but because of it's thick consistency it was really difficult. I ended up scrubbing my face which left it really red, so after using a damp flannel I looked in the mirror to find my skin looked really healthy, clean and cleansed.

Even though it was difficult to wash off, i'm definately using the product again. Unlike other face masks it didn't leave my skin feeling tight and restricted. 

You can purchase 'Very Berry' on their website here and it retails at £1.09 online, although if you go to your local Asda quick it's only £1 as it's a new product. It is also on offer on their website as 4 face masks for the price of 3, and there's free delivery if you spend over £7.50. I'm definitely going to have a browse - I really like the look of their self heating masks and scrubs, and it also has a 'Skin Guru' feature on their site that determines your skin type and recommends what masks would be right for your type. 

I can't wait until my next mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment