Thursday 1 March 2012

Review: MAC's Limited Edition 'Innocence, Beware!' Cremesheen Lipstick + swatches!

Nothing cheers me up more than a trip to my local MAC counter, which is shocking as I always have a mini heart attack whenever I hear the total amount!

Today I went looking for a nude lipstick. I've been hunting for one for a while now, and i'm fed up settling for shades that have that dreaded 'concealer lips' look and give the impression that your lips blend in with the colour of your skin. And within 10 minutes i'd walked out of Beale's in Bournemouth with a gorgeous new cremesheen lipstick from MACs newest collection: Limited Edition - Innocence, Beware!

 I just wanted to take a moment to admire the packaging. MAC is known for having sleek black matte cases, which are as modern and chic as the products themselves. However, Innocence, Beware! is part of the 'Shop MAC' collection. MAC describes the range as 'Tongue-and-cheek that elevates the everyday into the extrodinary." And this fun packaging conveys this well! It's bubbly and bright and instantly draws in a customer, so much so that i'm keeping the lipstick in the packaging permanantly.


I love this colour because it's got a hint of peachy pink, which eliminates the 'concealer lips' factor, and the fact that it's part of the cremesheen collection means it's very sheer and doesn't look like it's been caked on so it's very natural with slight sparkly pigments. It also smells (and tastes!) delicious. What I like about MAC lipsticks is that they smell of a mixture of chocolate and sweets - I can't think of anything worse when a lipstick/gloss that tastes like chemicals, it just makes it feel cheap!

MAC says: "Spring lips dish it up! With our shop-til-you-drop shades and the collection's colourful and fun packaging these shades stay fashionable long after check-out. Limited edition!"

And they are right, this is the perfect accompaniment to my spring wardrobe :) Here is what it looks like when swatched:

 It was swatched quite heavily, because as I said it's quite sheer and isn't designed to be as bright as other MAC lipsticks such as the matte collection. The name is perfect for it, as the pink is quite sweet and delicate however the slight shine attracts the eye without being too obvious. Described as a light yellow pink, here is the official swatch from MAC.co.uk:
Picture taken from mac.co.uk

A perfect natural shade for fair skin, and is suitable as your every-day lipstick. I'm wearing it now, and trust me .. it looks (and smells) amazing! 
You can find 'Innocence, Beware!' at your local MAC counter, or here at MAC's official website. It retails at £13.50 fora 3g tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment