Sunday 25 March 2012

Review: MUA's Shade 1 Blusher!

Finally, a decent make-up brand with every product ranging from £1 to £4. No, you're not imagining things, MUA (Makeup Academy) is a budget makeup brand that strive to produce eye-catching and professional makeup products at low prices.

If you haven't noticed already, I tend to naturally sway to more expensive brands which isn't particularly suited for my student lifestyle, so when I saw this gorgeous pink blusher I hope i'd finally found a duplicate for the £20+ blushers I tend to go for:


This particular product comes in 6 shades including a coral, deep plum and nude. However, this was my favourite as I always like having rosy cheeks.

As you can see, it's actually quite bright so be sure to tap off any excess blush. Also be careful with what size brush you use, blusher brushes can be huge and in order to cover the brush you could end up getting it everywhere, and pink blush marks on black leggings isn't great!

Here's the product once it was applied, but as you can see it still needed a bit more blending, which is the only downside to this shade. Even though it's not as bright as it comes out on the brush, it needs to be heavily blended to avoid looking like a drag queen :P However, I think it's a really pretty shade that could give Benefit's Hervana a run for it's money!

It's not the best photo, but it's the only one I took wearing that blusher. But as you can see, once blended it gives a really natural flush of colour to the cheeks.

Overall, I think this is an incredible product that is great value for money at only £1. It's slim and compact so it doesn't take up too much space in your makeup bag too, which is a bonus! It'll take a lot to ween me off my Benefit blushers, but i'll certainly begin alternating between them and this MUA blush.

MUA is available online here and in your local Superdrug. So get down there and stock up, you could have a brand new look for less than £10!

No comments:

Post a Comment