Thursday 15 March 2012

Review: My first Glossybox! The Harrods Edition - March 2012

I've been so excited to write this post. Ever since I started blogging i've wanted to start receiving a monthly Glossybox - a selection of luxury miniature products for a bargain price of £12.95 a month (Including P&P) delivered right to your door for you to sample and adore. To be honest, although it isn't an insane amount of money for what you receive, it took a lot to convince me to sign up. After reading lots of reviews on February's box, I saw that they were bringing out a limited edition Harrods box. They had me at 'limited edition', I could not wait to see what products I would receive.


First of all, let me apologise for the quality of the photos. I didn't have a lot of time to take them and only had my iPhone with me.
I love the gorgeous packaging, the chic white box definetely adds to the exclusivity of the limited edition box. 
Here's what I received in my first box:

Vanitas Versace Eau de Parfum


What a gorgeous little sample of one of Versace's newest fragrances that's perfect for spring. It's floral but not too overpowering, with hints of cedar wood to create a balance of innocence and seduction. The little bottle is so cute, it's great for my handbag. 

Clarins' Extra-Firming Body Cream


 I was so excited to see something from Clarins in my box, as I'm such a big fan. It aims to create firmer skin and a more 'youthful' body - Well, i'm only 20 so I'm unsure whether this applies to me. However, a full size version of this product costs £39.50 in Boots, so I'm happy with the tester to see if it tones and smooths my skin. As it is for the whole body, I don't know how far this product will go.. I can only see myself getting three or four uses. 

Bliss Blood Orange + White Pepper Body Butter


I don't quite know what to think about this product. I've never been too fond of the use of orange as a scent, I find it too tart and makes my face scrunch up like i've just bitten into a lemon. The back of the bottle describes the product as 'vibrantly-scented' - you could call it that! There's no need for perfume with this body butter! When I tested it, I found that my skin clearly felt softer, but I found the mixture quite thick and heavy on my skin and required a lot of rubbing in so my skin wasn't sticky. This will be a good travel product as the blood orange does give it a tropical feel and it's a good size, and luckily you can't smell any of the white pepper! 

Revive Intensite Creme Lustre SPF30 

This is the smallest sample of moisturiser I have ever seen! I didn't know quite to do with it. Much like the Clarins product, this moisturiser promises to produce firmer skin and reduce wrinkles (I suppose it's never too early to start trying to stop wrinkles - i'm sure to have visible laughter lines by the time i'm 25!).  I don't think this will do for more than two or three applications, however this is a generous size seeing as the full price product retails at £235! I haven't tested the product yet, but i'm unsure as to whether I will bother writing a review - £235 for a moisturiser is just plain ridiculous.

Lancome Juicy Tubes in Toffee



This was the product that immediately caught my attention, and what I was the most excited about! I've always wanted to purchase one of these legendary lipglosses, but never got round to it. It smells absolutely delicious, so much so that I will probably need to buy another tube as I keep licking it off my lips! The perfect end to the Glossybox, i'm so happy to have one of these gorgeously scented glosses to carry around with me at all times! 

Overall, I have extremely satisfied with these products. I read disappointed reviews on various other blogs about the limited edition box, but I can safely say that I will be continuing my subscription with Glossybox, and can't wait to show you all what I get next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment