Monday 5 March 2012

Review: n-spa's indulgent 'hot butter fudge' sugar body polish

Happy Monday everyone!

Hope you all had a relaxing weekend, as I certainly didn't! I'm definitely finding it harder to do posts nowadays because of uni and stuff, and being forced to photograph the products used at night makes it a lot harder to produce actual quality photographs.

N-spa is a moderately priced cosmetic range from the experts at Nirvana Spa. From skin-care to bubble bath, N-spa has a product for everyone.

I was browsing the cosmetic aisle in my local Asda whilst waiting for a coach, when I finally plucked up the courage to buy the 'hot butter fudge' sugar body polish. I'd been back and forth with this for a while, as it was priced at £6 and didn't really want to spend that much on a scrub that I could get cheaper in a normal body wash. However, after not being able to resist the mouth-watering scent I decided to try it out for myself.

'Hot butter fudge' is part of N-spas' 'indulgent' range that features a selection of body washes, shower syrups and bath melts in delicious flavours such as 'Angel Cake' and 'Gingerbread latte'. I get hungry just reading the names of the products, so as you can imagine I couldn't wait to use my new scrub.


I love the labels on N-spa products, as they always have really quirky stories with thoughtful quotes. The label says:
"Decadence" said the wise man "is like a sumptuous caramel with a slow-burn creamy sweetness. Soft brown sugar and toffee, like clotted cream ice cream in the summer melting to hot butter fudge.
 I don't know who this wise man is, but he's featured on every n-spa label, and he comes out with some great stuff!

 As you can see, the scrub is more of a sludge. The sugar particles are scarce and it's quite watery but it smells lush. You need quite a lot of the product (I can see now why it instructs to use a 'generous helping'!) as it slides around everywhere, and it sort of feels your just rubbing a body wash over your skin. Don't get me wrong, it smells so much like hot fudge it is unreal, but it did practically nothing for my skin.

The packaging is gorgeous and you get 350ml for £6 (Or £6.50 if you buy from their online store), however if you're looking for a scrub then this is not for you. You'll smell amazing, but with the hassle it is to scoop it out of the jar and rub it all over your body, you'll wonder whether it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment