Tuesday 8 May 2012

Topshop Buys: Spikes and Mesh!

After looking at various fashion blogs recently, and from my regular window-shopping trips to my local shopping centre i've come to the conclusion that Topshop have some amazing clothes and accessories in recently! So I decided to spend some of my hard-earned cash and pick up a few things:

Mesh Insert Skater Dress - £45

If you've read my previous post on skater dresses, you'd know that they are my favourite style of dress. Flattering and on-trend, they're my go-to when I go shopping for outfits for a night out. That is what drew me to the dress at first, and then I saw that neckline. Plunges to just above the belly button, this dress is not for the shy. The mesh also covers the back, which means you'd either have to wear an invisible back bra, or just go without! It's great if you're self concious about a part of your body (Me with my hips and thighs in particular!) as it draws attention to the neckline. This dress is also sold in nude, but I find it washes out people with pale skintones. The structured shoulders are a great touch too! 

 Layered Spike Necklace - £14

I love this necklace so much! After seeing it on a post by llymlrs I knew this necklace had to be mine! To be honest, i'd seen it in Topshop a few times but never thought about picking it up. I've got a few things coming in the post over the next few days that will go perfect with this, so I can't wait to wear it! I also have a similar silver one coming too :) 

Earrings - £6 approx

First of all, apologies for not being able to remember the exact price of the earrings. But I can tell you that they cost no more than £6-£7! I love the Aztec pattern on the earrings and the length makes them suitable for both day and night wear. I don't usually wear dangly earrings as I already wear a watch, ring and bracelet on a daily basis and I don't want to over-do it so I am excited to try these out! 

Like I said, I have more purchases from Topshop/Topshop from Ebay, Etsy and jwlry, so stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment