Saturday 4 August 2012

Review: 2 True 'Cheek 'n' Lip Tint'

Since starting my internship, i've wanted to spend a little bit of extra time in bed in the mornings meaning that dual products are my go-to right now. Lip and cheek stains are no exception, being quick to apply and serve as a blush and lip colour lasting all day with no need to reapply. I've always been a fan of Benefit stains, however, they come with a heft price tag so I thought i'd test out an inexpensive version to see how it compared.

2 True are a budget cosmetic brand, selling makeup and nail products in high street stores such as Superdrug. I decided to test out their 'Cheek 'n' Lip Tint' due to it's resemblance to the iconic Benefit 'Benetint'. Cheek stains are designed to give the appearance of blushing; a simple flush of colour that looks more natural than a powder and even cream blush.


Priced at just £1.99, I'll admit at first sight I didn't have too high hopes for this product - however, i'm a big fan of MUA shadows that are just £1 and they suit me well, so I really thought I should give it a try. If it not that great it's only £2, right?

The bottles comes in a standard 10ml size (2.5ml less than Benetint) and lasts a generous six months. It has the resemblance of a standard nail polish bottle, which I really love as its great for easy storage.
The brush also resembles a nail polish brush, however I do find it is a bit on the thin size. It's great for retaining the product so you don't end up sweeping too much onto the cheek and wasting it. It claims to be rose tinted, and with that it is also rose scented - exactly like Benetint. Although not as fragrant, it does have a gorgeous floral scent that makes it a lot more inviting. I will admit it does taste slightly perfumed, but as there is such a small applicator brush and as the colour is so strong there isn't a lot of need for colour so the perfume isn't overpowering.

To apply, you need to draw three 'cats whiskers' on  the apples of your cheeks one at a time, and blend quickly (It is a stain, and you wouldn't want it to stay that way!). Then apply more product onto your lips and either blend with the brush or with your finger. This should achieve a rosy glow to your cheeks and lips, and about as natural as you can get without going completely make-up free!


The colour isn't quite as strong as the Benetint, so I did need to use 6 'whiskers' in order to swatch this so you could see it properly. But it's quite a nice natural flush of colour, more of a dark pink than a red as it appears in the bottle.

I did find that it did dry my lips slightly so I had to put extra moisturising balm over the top, but I found the colour to be longlasted on both my cheeks and lips (It was put the test by me frequently drinking, eating and licking my lips!) and i've found it to be an excellent alternative to the Benetint. You do need to apply a little more, but for £1.99, if I go through a bottle quicker than usual it's not a massive deal - you're making a £22.50 saving just by using this alternative. Don't get me wrong, I love the Benefit version but for students or for those generally not looking to spend so much on one product, this is a great choice.

I love using this along with a simple combination of tinted moisturiser and a little sweep of mascara - a low key, fresh eu naturelle look. Being porcelain skinned, rosy cheeks are a must-have and this product makes this easily achievable. It's not perfect, but I suppose you get what you pay for - and i'll definitely be purchasing again!

You can purchase 2 True Cheek 'n' Lip Tint from your local Superdrug for £1.99 and you can click here to visit the 2 True website and browse more fabulous products.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't ever heard of dual products (other than 2 in 1 shampoo) such as this before. It sounds like a great space saving idea, especially in a purse where too many cosmetics can get clunky. It had a nice colour too.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete