Monday 13 August 2012

Review: Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spa Range

I don't think there's any better way to pamper yourself at home than a good, deep-cleansing face masque. These have become a regular occurance in my weekly skincare routine, and it gives me something to look forward to and enjoy at the end of a hard week.

The Clay Spa range* from vegetarian face mask and body treatment company Montagne Jeunesse promises to deliver a unique, enhanced cleansing experience usually specially sourced clays infused into naturally sourced bamboo fabric, making it an intense cloth face masque. It's no secret that Montagne Jeunesse are a favourite of mine, i'm such a fan of their deliciously fruit masques but i'm an even bigger fan of their ethos for 'Conservation of Energy, Protection of Animals and the Environment' - There's no excuse for the harm of animal when creating beauty products, so a vegetarian-approved, natural brand will always get a thumbs-up in my book!


Firstly, how great is this packaging? Vibrant and fun, I love the idea of it being packaged as a present, complimenting the idea of an indulgent gift for yourself.



The box contains an interesting timeline on the history of the company, as well as the two face masques in the range: 'Glacial Clay Spa' and 'Dead Sea Mud Spa'. It's great that these products are completely different, ensuring that the experience varies with each masque.



Dead Sea Mud Spa
I decided to use this masque first on a night where my skin was particularly dry and worn from the day, as it featured nutrient rich seaweed and kelp, giving it that 'Dead Sea' feel to it. I also loved the idea of it including real mud, as it reminded me of professional spa treatments.

I was hesitant when I realised that both masques were cloth, as i've never really tried one before but had heard very mixed reviews. I must admit, when unfolding the cloth it was was pretty intimidating. You're faced with a round piece of cloth with roughly cut holes for the eyes, nose and mouth. At first glance I questioned whether the 'one size fits all' theory really applied, but once positioned over my eyes and mouth I found that you can easily manipulate the masque so that it molds around your face (I had to fold it over slightly at the top so it didn't touch my hairline, but that wasn't a problem!)

You apply the masque after cleansing, leave to develop for 10-15 minutes (I chose 15 because I wanted maximum results!), massage your face to relieve any stiffness and rinse off the excess clay from the masque. All I can say is wow. My face felt clean, smooth, refreshed and hydrated. Beautifully soft, it was just what my skin needed. Despite it containing seaweed, it didn't have too much of a scent, and was really easy to wash off with cold water.



Glacial Clay Spa
This mask was definitely the most fragrant of the two, due to the inclusion of red grape and arctic cloudberry juices. It was really cool to the touch, and felt so refreshing on my skin. There isn't as much to say about this masque as the concept and application is exactly the same as the Dead Sea Mask, but I found this masque a lot more enjoyable purely because it was slightly fruitier and felt a lot less intense on my skin.

In future, I would use the Glacial Clay Spa weekly, switching to the Dead Sea Mud Spa when my skin needs an even deeper cleanse. Overall I found this to be quite a luxurious treatment, and I really enjoyed that the cloth didn't slip or dry out, continuing to work its magic right up until removal!

The Clay Spa range will be available from Boots from mid-August, closely followed by Asda in September and is priced at an incredible £1.50! If you don't want to wait until then, the masques are available for purchase now on the Montagne Jeunesse website. You'd be crazy not to give these a try, trust me - you'll love them.

Browse (And hopefully purchase!) Montagne Jeunesse's skincare and clay spa range here.


Be sure to vote for Sophie Says for the NEXT Newcomer Blog Award at this years Cosmopolitan Blog Awards HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment