Thursday, 1 November 2012

NARS Deep Throat Blush

Since becoming engrossed in the world of beauty, NARS has always been a brand that i'd seen other bloggers rave about but i'd never taken the plunge myself. As there isn't a NARS anywhere near me in Southampton, I would have had to trust other bloggers and simply order online in hopes that I wouldn't be wasting my money. Although I always consult other bloggers' reviews before investing in a high-end product, trying it on yourself is the only way that you will be able to be 100% sure that you're buying a product thats right for you. With that being said, I was walking past Selfridges on the way to Louise Gray's LFW Show when I finally got the urge, and 10 minutes later I left the shop with my first product!

NARS blush is without a doubt a cult product, with an amazing 21 shades - these gorgeous blushes are bursting with colour and a mixture of shimmer and matte finishes. With micronized powder it enables easy blending, resulting in a natural pinch of colour instead of an unblended streak (As you see with many blushes!) Since i'm so pale and I practically cowered under an umbrella for the duration of my holiday this year, I felt that I needed that warmth that my skin naturally lacks - so I picked up the stunning Deep Throat.






It's a gorgeous peach, that can achieve a warm glow in the smallest of sweeps. That is both a positive and a negative in my case, as when I first started to apply this shade I completely underestimated how strong the pigment was, so I accidentally made myself look like a drag queen so had to re-do my entire base. However, I didn't mind as the shade sweeps on flawlessly and gives me that post-holiday glow that I desperately crave. Is has a slight shimmer, but not enough for it to be considered to 'dressy' for day-wear. To apply I simply take the brush and gently tap it onto the pan, and then tap off the excess (Trust me, there will be some!). You'll have plenty of product, which means the £21 price tag doesn't sting quite as much!

Overall, I love the result. It's luxurious, silky, pigmented and my cheeks look flawlessly flushed with minimal effort. However, with the high price its not something I will be able to indulge in all the time :( 

You can purchase Deep Throat for £21 at your nearest NARS counter or online here.

2 comments:

  1. looks good on you! :) pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try a Nars blush, and that colour is gorgeous on you! I just don't think i can justify the price tag!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete