Tuesday 5 March 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in 'Green Berry'

Everybody loves a bit of neon! Don't deny it, on a dreary day a pop of colour is exactly what we all need! However, at this moment in time i'm not quite ready to step out of myself in a pair of luminous yellow flatforms, so i'll be sticking to changing up my nail colour.

Gelly Hi Shine is one of Barry M's newest 'Effect' products, aiming to leave nails with an ultra glossy finish with their gel effect polishes. With 13 different colours on offer, from pastel pink to vibrant oranges, this range is perfect for incorporating lashings of neon to an otherwise plain outfit. I chose Green Berry as I wanted an easier transition from my usual matte pastels to full-on 'out there' nails!



The polish applies easily and only requires a single coat to achieve the same quality of colour as it is in the bottle. The 'hi-shine' element is definitely spot-on, however I found that it started chipping within two days, and after five I had to remove as it has removed completely from half of my nails. But isn't the colour ah-mazing?! So vibrant and fun, its just a shame it doesn't last as long as I would have expected.  For £3.99 I don't mind adding a few touch up's to keep my nails looking fresh ... the colour and finish makes the extra effort worth it!

You can purchase products from the Gelly Hi Shine range at your local Boots, Superdrug or from their official website here.

2 comments:

  1. I so have this on right now. I love the whole range so much I have 4

    ReplyDelete