Saturday 16 March 2013

You'll Be Okay

This is going to be quite a personal post, so I apologise in advance if those aren't really your thing.

I won't go into too much detail, but these past few months have been hard for me. Certain events have left me turning into the worst version of myself, and it's been difficult to get back to being me. If you've ever met me, you would immediately see that I was the sort of person to take life by the reigns and remain focused on whatever I set my mind to. However, these past few months I spent the majority of the time trying to be something i'm not in order to please certain people that frankly didn't appreciate who I really was.

When I look back on these months, i'm disappointed in myself to be quite honest. It got to the point where I doubted myself, my confidence was low and I didn't think that what I did and what I wanted to do mattered just because it didn't matter to somebody else. But as cliche as it sounds, time really is a healer. Although I am now back to my old self and begin to move on with my life I decided I needed something with me to serve as a reminder to myself what is important.


I found this bracelet after reading a post from Zoella, and instantly knew this was exactly what I needed. Priced at just over £18 from etsy, this dainty silver-plated 'yes' bracelet serves as a reminder that what I want in life is still important, and instead of focusing my attention on people that don't appreciate me, I should focus on living life to the fullest and pay attention to the family and friends that support my ambition and love me for me.

So whenever I feel a bit low, nervous or doubt myself in any way, I will look to this bracelet and think: "Yes, what you do matters." or simply "Yes, you are going to be okay.". To be quite honest, i'm terrified of somehow going back to that place, and as small as this bracelet may be, it's helped me refocus and I know now that i'm a much stronger person and will no longer 'water myself down' for a person that isn't worth a second thought.

Have a great weekend x 

6 comments:

  1. Wow that bracelet really looks perfect!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are feeling better :) I've been going through similar things. the bracelet looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope you are feeling better too! Good to know people can relate! x

      Delete
  3. This sounds familiar and hope you are feeling back to yourself now, its good to be personal on your blog as many people can relate! I have a vintage gold heart locket i wear when im feeling pants - i hold it in my hand to bring me back to 'myself' again :) lovely blog doll xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i'm doing a lot better now and this bracelet has helped lots! Aw well i'm glad it works for you :) Thank you very much! xxx

      Delete