Thursday 30 May 2013

Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes mascara in 'Intense Black'

I don't like to go too in-depth in Glossy Boxes as it ends up being the entire blogging world reviewing the same products .. however I felt it would be a general waste of products to not at least review a couple. I was interested in the Fairy Lashes mascara from Jelly Pong Pong, purely because its their first ever. I've only ever tried products from this small cosmetics company through various Glossy Boxes, and to be honest i've never been too thrilled about them so didn't have very high hopes for this product.

It's described as a mascara 'not for the faint-hearted' and claims to make lashes thicker, curvier whilst maintaining softness. Hmm, we'll see..

Don't you agree that the packaging is just a tad too big for the product? It looks more like perfume packaging?


When I first used the product, I thought the wand was broken! I then thought it may be designed that way for convinience .. but as I look at other reviews it seems to be that my mascara may just have a wonky wand? Either way, it didn't help at all. I found the overall quality of brush to be very low and it didn't distribute the product very well. I found it was very difficult to apply the product in the corners and on my bottom lashes. 


First of all I want to apologise for this picture. My eyebrows need to be sorted desperately and I was testing a terrible liquid eyeliner which explains how horrible it looks! However, as you can see, the mascara makes next to no difference - especially against eyeliner. I found my lashes felt spindly and thin, and it made it look like I had less lashes? 

Throughout the day the product began to wear off, and what was left was very difficult to remove. It almost felt like my lashes were going to snap off, so I wouldn't use this product for this reason alone. Its designed to be water resistant, which I could completely believe, but that hasn't widened the appeal in the slightest. For £15, I am shocked that this product even made it into the boxes. There is no intensity, no volume, minimal curl and the removal makes you regret even putting it on in the first place.

You can purchase Jelly Pong Pong's Fairy Lashes mascara from their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment