Sunday 29 March 2015

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

(Cheeky cameo from Rob!)

I'm a bit of a foundation hoarder. I think I use my skin tone as a bit of an excuse, as not all brands stock foundations in my shade, so when I do find a brand that does I feel the need to buy. Right that second. But that doesn't mean i'm not picky when it comes to what I use daily. I'm ashamed to admit that 75% of the foundations that I buy are rarely used. See, I tend to have unrealistic expectations when it comes to what I use as a base. I want it to look natural, but provide enough coverage to cover blemishes; hide the redness of my skin, nose and cheeks, but allow my freckles to show through; give me that 'glow from within', but only shine in the right places. Tall order, right? Not for Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk.

I'd heard about this foundation through YouTube (naturally), and resisting it due to the hefty £36.50 price tag. However, one day I was in a particularly good mood and thought i'd take the plunge as I walked past the counter - the 10% John Lewis Price Match was also quite a good incentive so i'd hold out for those!



I've had this foundation for about a month now, and it's safe to say i've used it practically every day. It applies like a dream - it's lightweight, medium coverage that's equally buildable and an excellent colour match. It comes in 21 different shades (Obviously I was the lightest one!) and comes in a beautiful glass bottle with a handy pump for ease. I've found that, over the top of a primer, that it lasts for ages. I tend to spend a lot of time with my hand resting on my chin at work, resulting in practically no product there by lunchtime, but with this foundation it simply stays put. I love the way my skin glows without looking oily, and that I can go without concealer if i'm feeling brave. The only downside it obviously the price. It's not something i'd buy full price, but that's just because I think paying £36.50 for an everyday foundation is a bit much for me right now, but it certainly is worth the money. I'm not saying it's the one, as i'm sure my love affair with foundation hoarding will be ongoing, but it's definitely close enough.

You can purchase Armani Luminous Silk Foundation for £36.50 from your nearest Armani counter or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment